Here's an easy recipe for making a vegetable taste pretty good. I split the mixture in half and made two small loaves. Basically, I didn't have the time to wait for a HUGE loaf to bake. I'm too busy with babyzilla.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded raw zucchini (about 1/2 pound or 227 grams)
- 1 cup (130 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (45 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (not Dutch-processed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) safflower or canola oil
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup (105 grams) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (125 grams) semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground allspice. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the oil, sugars, eggs, and vanilla extract until well blended (about 2 minutes). Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Add the flour mixture, beating just until combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the bread has risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 to 65 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan and cool completely.
Read more: http://www.joyofbaking.com/breakfast/ChocolateZucchiniBread.html#ixzz1VLIxwZQA