Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Easy Roasted Asparagus

It's the week of vegetables. Why? Because I don't eat enough of them and I watched this documentary about a guy who put himself on a juice/vegetable fast and it made me feel really guilty about all the Oreos I've consumed in my life. Turns out there are plenty of easy recipes to make vegetables as well.



Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of Asparagus, trimmed
  • 8 ounces of whole mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed (I only had cooked ones on hand)
  • 2 teaspoons of olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
Preparations:
  1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
  2. Arrange asparagus and mushrooms in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
  3. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with rosemary, pepper and garlic powder.
  4. Toss gently to coat bake until asparagus is crisp. (approximately 10 minutes)

No comments: