Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Spicy Summer Vegetables

This recipe comes courtesy of the very nice lady that Ken works with. If you like spicy and you want to add flavor to your vegetables, using Creole seasoning is an easy way to do it. I made this as a side dish to go with my easy beef enchiladas.



Ingredients:
  • 1 cup zucchini, sliced
  • 1 cup summer squash, sliced
  • 1 large onion, sliced
  • 1 small bag of frozen broccoli florets
  • 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
  • Creole seasoning (Zatarain's makes it)
Preparations:
  1. Cook broccoli in large skillet or electric fry pan until no longer frozen. (I'm a huge fan of electric fry pan's because they are deeper than any skillet I own and contain the mess I make - better.)
  2. Add oil and sliced vegetables.
  3. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
  4. Season with Creole spice. The more you add, the spicier it will be so test first and then add more seasoning.

No comments: