Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Better Homes and Garden Fruit Bars

I'm hiding from my baby as I write this. The house is warm and he is one cranky little man. If he was old enough to eat, I'd give him a taste of this fruit bar in the hopes that he'd stop fussing. He's not crying. He's just really annoyed because it's bedtime.

I messed up on this recipe. You are supposed to use a 9x9 and I used a 9x11. Use a smaller pan because the fruit filling won't cover a bigger spread.


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 21-ounce can of fruit filling (I chose peach.)
Preparations:
  1. Combine flour, oats, sugar and baking soda. 
  2. Cut butter into flour mixture until it's crumbly. Spread all but 1/2 cup of it in the bottom of an ungreased 9x9 pan. 
  3. Pour fruit filling over the top.
  4. Drop reserved 1/2 cup of flour mixture over the top.
  5. Bake at 250 for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.

No comments: