Needless to say, I spent this past weekend in a warm garage helping to harvest honey. In honor of the honey that's sitting on my kitchen counter - this will be a week of honey-based recipes.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 lbs flank steak
- Combine soy sauce, honey, vinegar, garlic powder, ginger and oil. Mix well.
- Make light diagonal slashes on each side of the flank steak in a diamond pattern.
- Place meat in shallow baking dish and pour marinade over it. Cover and refrigerate for four hours.
- Grill steak for 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Let steak rest five minutes before serving.