- 2.5lbs of ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 - 10 ounce can of chopped tomatoes with habeneros
- 1 - 10 ounce of chopped tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 - 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook ground beef and drain.
- Pour beef into 6 quart crock pot. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese. Stir and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Right before serving, add cheese and mix. Serve with sour cream.
Makes 10 servings.