Thursday, January 19, 2012

Betty Crocker's Layered Peanut Butter Bars

I didn't have a peanut butter cookie mix so I substituted a chocolate chip one instead. I figured that made this a little more similar to my Nestle Peanut Butter bars that I have posted previously.  As you can see in my picture below, the mix did NOT cover the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan. I'd use a smaller one if I had it to do all over again.


Ingredients:

Cookie Base
  • 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix
  • 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 egg
Filling
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons milk
Frosting
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup butter
Preparations: 
  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
  2. In large bowl, stir all Cookie Base ingredients until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
  3. In small bowl, beat all Filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over cookie base.
  4. In microwavable bowl, microwave all Frosting ingredients on High 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
Sorry this isn't a better picture. I was pressed for time as usual. :)

    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Perfect amount of peanut butter. Great bars!