Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Kellog's Rice Krispies Treats

Rice Krispies treats rock! They're easy to make and are an awesome treat for the approaching game day...
I used my giant marshmallows that I purchased for $.99. They really aren't practical for putting in a cup of hot chocolate so this was a very good use for them.

As a tip, I used a cake server (sprayed with butter flavored Crisco spray) to cut the treats after refrigerating them. Hot water helped me get the marshmallow residue out of the pan. Be careful to stir the mallows consistently so they don't burn.




Ingredients:
  • 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
  • 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine
  • 1 - 10 ounce package of marshmallows
Preparations:
  1. Melt marshmallows and butter over medium heat. Stir constantly.
  2. Remove from heat and add 6 cups of cereal. 
  3. Press mixture into 13x9 pan. Cool for a couple of hours (preferably in the fridge) and cut evenly.

No comments: