- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed (about 45 cookies)
- 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Beat butter and peanut butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add powdered sugar and vanilla wafer crumbs; beat until blended. Press mixture evenly into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan lined with wax paper.
- Stir together chocolate morsels and whipping cream in a medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Spread evenly on top of peanut butter mixture. Chill 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes or until slightly softened. Cut into 48 bars.