Here are some ideas:
- Change the empty toilet paper roll. (Seriously, how hard is that anyway?)
- Clean up the kitchen without being asked.
- Scrub the bathroom toilet and don't expect to be praised for being a hero afterward. (No one throws me a ticker tape parade for doing housework and yet, I have to practically give my husband a gold star when he cleans the toilet he refuses to flush - not that I'm bitter or anything. :)
- Take the kids out for an hour and do something that involves them having fun.
- Make a point of SHOWING your children that you love and respect their mother.