- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 (7.6 ounce) package roasted garlic instant mashed potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream
- Cook bacon, drain on a paper towel, set aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top of soup.
- Combine milk and water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; add potatoes, and stir with a wire whisk until well blended. Add 3/4 cup cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Add all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon.
- Spoon into serving bowls; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheese, 2 tablespoons bacon and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top with chopped chives and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
|I was out of chives!|