- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup super-fine sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a hand held mixer until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Beat in the egg and then the vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, to make a soft dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 3-inches apart, (a standard pan can accommodate about 6 cookies).
- Bake the cookies until brown around the edges, about 12 to 14 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.