Monday, March 26, 2012

Easy Monkey Bread

Monkey Bread? What's that? This is a question I asked myself about a year ago when I first heard of it. It's definitely not something I was ever exposed to growing up in Washington. I wanted to see if it was good and thought I'd try the easiest recipe I could find. I don't own a fluted pan so I used a round cake pan instead. It was really good but the cinnamon stuff didn't quite reach the middle...




Ingredients:
  • 2 can (12 oz each) of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (Mine were 7.5 each and they worked fine)
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar (I used the light kind)
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
Preparations:
  1. Cut biscuits into fourths and layer into greased fluted pan.
  2. Combine sugar, cream and cinnamon. Pour over biscuits. 
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. 
  4. Turn warm pan upside down onto heatproof plate with the pan remaining over the biscuits for 5 minutes. 
  5. Serve warm with a little butter.

1 comment:

Tabby said...

yeah, me too! I used to ask myself what this monkey bread is and what it looks like. I was surprised that it doesn't look like a monkey at all! Looks really yummy though.