Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chocolate Bundt Cake from Taste of Home

My newly acquired taste for Bundt cakes comes from my husband's burning desire to have a lemon cake over the weekend. I didn't buy this pan on sale or with a coupon and it really bugs me that I made full price for a pan that I don't even think is that great! It's kind of lightweight. So, I'm determined to get a great deal of use out of it.

I made this cake in honor of our fourth anniversary on April Fool's Day. (Yes, we really did get married on April Fool's because my husband said that it would be a date he couldn't forget!) The batter was incredibly thick so I would use 1.4 ounces of pudding and not 3.9 the recipe calls for.



Ingredients:
  • 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
  • 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
  • 1-3/4 cups milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
  • Confectioners' sugar
Preparations:
  1. In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, cocoa, milk and eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. 
  2. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
  3. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. 
  4. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.

No comments: