I made this cake in honor of our fourth anniversary on April Fool's Day. (Yes, we really did get married on April Fool's because my husband said that it would be a date he couldn't forget!) The batter was incredibly thick so I would use 1.4 ounces of pudding and not 3.9 the recipe calls for.
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes, cocoa, milk and eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.