- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan or 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan.
- In small bowl, mix all Filling ingredients; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream on low speed.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter (about 2 cups) in pan; sprinkle with 1/3 of the Filling (about 6 tablespoons). Repeat twice.
- Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat until very light brown; remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glaze is smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle cake with glaze.
|My drizzle sucks. I'm clearly not Martha Stewart.|