My two youngest stepdaughters just moved in with me (ages 11 and 10) and they loved this recipe. They even ate seconds. It wasn't time consuming which is good because my toddler was cranky and ready for bed. :)
|We added additional cheese after we scooped it up.|
- 8 oz uncooked rotini pasta (2 2/3 cups)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 jar (26 oz) chunky tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can (11 oz) Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Southwestern style corn, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in pasta sauce, corn, salt and cooked pasta. Cook until hot. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand 2 to 3 minutes or until melted.