Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Catfish a la Chris

I always wondered what would happen if you showed up the grocery store right before closing time. Turns out there's no secret party or Kevin Smith-esque type people wandering around. Instead there's a fundamental lack of whatever you're looking for and the clerks are putting the rest of the good stuff away. (But hey you can wear your sweats cause no one else is there!)

I had planned to cook salmon for Senor Whiny Pants but alas there was none insight. He started eating an Atkins diet this week so baked salmon would have been an easy dinner. Instead, he had to settle for "Catfish a la Chris". (The funny part here is that I've never actually cooked catfish before :) Note: There are tons of recipes out there for breaded catfish but they aren't necessarily Atkin's friendly.

Here's what I did:

3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of lemon and herb seasoning
3 squirts of Lime juice (optional)
Two shakes of salt and pepper

Cook catfish for approximately 15 minutes on a high temperature. I used my electric fry pan because I have a cover that fits and it helps me keep the smoke detectors from going off....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks tasty