Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chocolate Lover's Dream Cake from Betty Crocker

I don't know if I'd say this was my dream cake but it sure does have a lot of chocolate in it! This recipe is very similar to my crock pot chocolate cake recipe and is easy to make. You can serve with or without the chocolate drizzle. I didn't have a butter recipe cake mix so I used a milk chocolate one and omitted the butter.



Ingredients:
  • 1 package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® butter recipe chocolate cake mix
  • 1/2 cup chocolate milk (if you don't have this then take milk and add chocolate syrup)
  • 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
  • 1 package (4-serving size) chocolate fudge instant pudding and pie filling mix
  • 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups) 
  • Chocolate Glaze -
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons water
Preparations:
  1. Heat oven to 350°. Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening; lightly flour.
     
  2. Mix cake mix, chocolate milk, butter, eggs, sour cream and pudding mix (dry) in large bowl with spoon until well blended (batter will be very thick). Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon into pan.
     
  3. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn pan upside down onto wire rack or heatproof serving plate; remove pan. Cool completely, about 2 hours. Drizzle Rich Chocolate Glaze over cake. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This cake was awesome! I ate the piece my husband left me, and then finished off the slice my little one couldn't finish :)

Unknown said...

This cake is a major temptation. I have to watch what I eat and this cake really tested my willpower. It is delicious and therefore I call it "the devil." -- Keith

Unknown said...

Great cake! Very rich and moist.

Vance Avalon said...

Keith says that above, but when he came over the other day, he sure did eat more of it.
Ya, this cake was great, I like that it isn't overly sweet.
Apparently, chocolate with the right amount of reduced sugar is quite good for you. (http://articles.cnn.com/2006-12-20/health/health.chocolate_1_mary-b-engler-chocolate-milk-dark-chocolate?_s=PM:HEALTH)
Note, that it says dark Chocolate Christina. :)