Wednesday, June 1, 2011

French Toast

I've never made French Toast from a recipe. I've always just cracked some eggs and mixed in whatever "milk-ish" stuff I had on hand. I posted a while back that breakfast is always a good option for dinner though, so I decided last night to make French Toast from an actual recipe.


The best thing about French Toast and pancakes (if you ask me), is that you can top them with whatever you want. Personally, I like to cover mine in peanut butter and then a layer of syrup. But I'm the only one in the family that likes it that way. (There's a great deal of mocking over this fact.) So, if you're not a sugar junkie like me, you can try jam or even sifting powder sugar over the top.

Ingredients:
  • 8 slices of bread (I actually used Spelt bread for this.)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup of milk (I used Soy.)
  • 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons of sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon of Nutmeg
  • Butter
Preparations:
  1. Beat eggs on high and add milk. Mix well.
  2. Add vanilla, sugar, Cinnamon and Nutmeg.
  3. Dip bread in egg mixture, coating each side evenly. (I used a fork to dip it in and out. Don't let it soak or the bread will get too soggy and break apart when you pull it out.)
  4. Using either a skillet (on medium heat) or an electric fry pan that's coated with butter, fry bread until golden brown.
  5. Serve warm!

No comments: