The best thing about French Toast and pancakes (if you ask me), is that you can top them with whatever you want. Personally, I like to cover mine in peanut butter and then a layer of syrup. But I'm the only one in the family that likes it that way. (There's a great deal of mocking over this fact.) So, if you're not a sugar junkie like me, you can try jam or even sifting powder sugar over the top.
- 8 slices of bread (I actually used Spelt bread for this.)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk (I used Soy.)
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- Beat eggs on high and add milk. Mix well.
- Add vanilla, sugar, Cinnamon and Nutmeg.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, coating each side evenly. (I used a fork to dip it in and out. Don't let it soak or the bread will get too soggy and break apart when you pull it out.)
- Using either a skillet (on medium heat) or an electric fry pan that's coated with butter, fry bread until golden brown.
- Serve warm!