Being single (and constantly trying to make sure I fit into "skinny" jeans), I hardly spent any money on groceries. I went from a tiny food budget to having a grocery bill that fed five people. Needless to say, there were several moments when I stood at the checkout with my mouth hanging open and wondering where all the money had gone. After watching a very informative news story, it occurred to me that I no longer had to have a weekly heart attack at the supermarket. I could buy things on sale (before we needed them), use coupons and build a stockpile of toiletries and basic foods.
It's very nice to be able to actually afford the bill at the end of the week so I wanted to share my resources with the nice people who are kind enough to read this blog.
- Coupons.com : This is the big site. The one that restocks it's printable coupons on the first day of every month.
- Redplum : Not as big as Coupons.com but has coupons based on your zip code.
- Smart Source : Pretty much the same as Redplum with slightly different coupons.
- Krazy Coupon Lady : This site has a searchable coupon database so when you're running on low on something you can search the brand
- Fabulessly Frugal : These gals send daily emails with coupon matching, discounts and helpful articles
- Couponmom.com : This site is much like Krazy Coupon Lady and also sends emails with daily deals, has contests and lists sites with giveaways.