I dumped 12 ounces of frozen blueberries into the batter and it turned the batter sort of blue-grayish. Thankfully, the loaves didn't turn out that color. :)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 to 4 medium)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed and drained) blueberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of one 9x5-inch or two 8x4-inch loaf pans with shortening.
- In large bowl, stir sugar, butter, eggs, bananas and buttermilk until mixed. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in blueberries. Pour into pan.
- Bake 9-inch pan about 1 hour 15 minutes, 8-inch pans 55 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.