- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, 1/2 cup butter and egg until soft dough forms. Reserve 1 cup of the dough. To the remaining dough, add mashed banana and walnuts; mix well. Spread in bottom of pan.
- In medium microwaveable bowl, microwave 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter on High about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Add reserved cookie dough; stir until well blended. Drop chocolate dough by spoonfuls evenly over top of banana mixture; spread gently to almost cover. Swirl chocolate mixture into banana mixture with knife for marbled design.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips on High about 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over bars. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 5 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.